[Harp-L] (no subject)

you might want to skip the whole Barry Goldwater thing  completely.
>He used to do the worst version of "Key to the Highway"
>you ever heard.

Yeah, but did you ever hear Lyndon Johnson's  version of "Scratch my
back"? Or for that matter, Everett Dirksen's  stentorian take
on "Smokestack Lightnin'"?

Winslow

Dear Winslow,

Both amazing, granted--especially the way  the 48-bagpipe chorus plays the
harp  riff behind Dirksen's gravelly  recitation ("Can you not, in fact, hear me
calling, sir?" followed by that  bizarre attempt at a Howlin' Wolf "woooo"),
but we don't have to dwell in the  past.  Surely nothing can top Jesse
(Ooh-Pooh-Pah-Doo) Helms'  spittle-drippin' version of Louis Jordan's "Fine Brown
Frame."  He really  seems to FEEL it.

Johnny T