Re: [Harp-L] long slot D harp?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ludobeckers@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 10:08 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] long slot D harp?

The reeds are more stable and durable. The regular D harp is one of the most problematic of harps. The reeds break more easily then on the long slot harps. I just ordered one from the Filisko guild this past weekend.

Hi,
I absolutely agree!!!! It seems like across the board, regardless of the manufacturer, stock D's tend to be very problematic, and the only way to get a long slot D is from a good customizer, The two most annoying problems with stock D's for me in my experiences have been the 4 blow reed quickly going flat or blowing out, even when played fairly soft, never mind played hard, and they often need more regapping and tend to leak more than any other key out of the box. Right behind the out of the box D's IMO for being problematic, are the out of the box F's, but those won't play as well in a long slot setup.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com