Re: [Harp-L] Re: To tell the truth Butterfield

sean stephens wrote:

Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am Bahamian (Freeport),to Irish parents.

Incidently,wasnt Butter 2nd or 3rd generation Irish?
I've been living here in Belfast for over 30years
and I've never met anyone with that particular
surname. Devlin,Collins,O'neill,many.Butterfield
none.

* SMO-J...Butterfield was Jewish.

Is it a common/popular name in U.S?

Not at all.

I must say thanks to Johnny T for his very
interesting and typically entertaining Butter facts.I
wasn't aware of his penchant for guns nor of Sammy
Lays lack of symmetry!
Regard Sean.

I stand corrected.I think I picked up that idea from the liner notes on the back cover of 'An offer you can't refuse',which features himself on one side ,BW on the other.

I guess thats burst my bubble somewhat,thinking that one of the 'Godfathers' was of Irish lineage.Maybe he was celtic Jewish??

Best regards Sean 'Golden' Stephens.

.

My mother's family was Scottish/Welsh and my father's Ashkenaz Jews. I guess that qualifies me. Unfortunately I don't have Butterfield's ability. <g>

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly--that's me--on the web.
http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly