[Harp-L] Re: To tell the truth Butterfield

I played a tape of the Butterfield "To Tell the Truth" appearance last night. As amusing as it is to see a young Paul up there and the panel (Kitty Carlisle, Orson Bean, Tom Poston, et al), the performance of "Born in Chicago" is not a joy to watch. The band they hired for the show, a bunch of old guys that appear to be jazz players , seem determined to bury Paul with frantic drumming , noodling on the piano and guitar that doesn't back off when Paul sings or solos. Too bad, as I don't know of other video of Butterfield from this early era, must be around the time of the first LP. I just mention it because I would hate to see someone going to great pains to get a copy (I 'm giving mine away, so don't contact me!) only to be dissappointed.