Re: [Harp-L] problem: lowest draw reed clicks

Oliver Schoenborn wrote:

>Pat Missin wrote:
>
>>Finally, if none of the above appeal to you, invest a few bucks in
>>some Turbolids:
>>
>>http://www.turboharp.com/TurboLid.html
>
>Do those really work?

I wouldn't have recommended them if they didn't. Put a set on your low
S20 and I promise you will not be able to get that 1 draw reed to
rattle against the cover now matter how hard you play it.

>They look really tacky for one thing (bubble gum
>color? yeah right :),

They are available in sexy black, as well as the more festive shades.

>though I like the idea that they improve the hand cup seal.

As well as preventing the embarrassment of picking up your harp the
wrong way around and ripping into a solo that surprises you even more
than it surprises the audience. To say nothing of ease of access to
the reeds without having to fiddle with small nuts and bolts, never
suffering from rust, etc., etc. All this for less than the cost of a
pizza.

>But I haven't seen too many blues players showing off their
>turbolids.

Their loss.

 -- Pat.