Re: [Harp-L] Dynamics related variable intonation.

Vern,

You are quite right, I've been making these adjustments for years,
perhaps, as I modify / improve my technique, my old pitch adjustments
(both reed corrections and subconscious playing corrections) are over
compensating.  After all, I had to tailor my reeds to my approach to
the instrument, why shouldn't I have to change them when I modify that
approach?

A question that remains, is whether or not external resonance will
allow for finely controlled changes in dynamics.  Anyone have any
insight on that one?  So far, for me, hand resonance is a very binary
rather than analog technique, it's almost like playing into a PA that
intermittently cuts in and out, when it's there, its really loud, a
barely perceptible (to me) change in the hands, and its gone.
Assuming you are playing from the diaphragm, and have reasonable
control over internal resonance, is it possible to use external
resonance for dynamic control?  How closely coupled are internal and
external resonance?  Does external resonance essentially function as a
megaphone, and all dynamic control needs to come from internal
resonance?

Thanks again,

Erik