[Harp-L] articulated neck rack

This weekend I got out my rack and fooled with it for awhile. I realized that one of my problems--one that cann't be solved by my practicing more or learning new techniques--is the angle of the harmonica. I can't get the harmonica at a comfortable angle in my mouth without either trimming a couple of inches off the front of my face or shortening my neck a bit. This is the result of the constant radius of the circle the harmonica travels in in the rack and the fixed position of the harmonica in the clamp.

I've looked around the internet, but haven't seen anything that addresses that. I can think of several ways to get the harp at a comfortable angle, but I haven't seen any racks like that.

Anyone know of a rack that either has an extra joint or a pivot where the harmonica mounts? The fun constraint is that it should cost under $30. After all, you can get a perfectly servicable rack that doesn't adjust in that plane for $10. <g>

A cheap wire rack could probably be bent for a better fit, but I'd like to see something more durable.

Thanks.

-- Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly