Re: [Harp-L] custom harps

On Sep 14, 2004, at 9:43 AM, Douglas Tate wrote:

Making certain that a player is not wading through molasses can allow the brain time to think about the music and not have to concentrate on different compensations for each note.

Douglas t

OH MY GOD. That's IT. That's the deal.....Man, I LOVE this stuff....all these years I have been compensating all over the place for each and every note. Having to coax, force, tickle, cajole, and use guile & artifice to get the harps to do what I want them to. Then when the reeds are ornery, sluggish, have jet lag, or won't "hold" a bend, it's like someone poured STP or transmission tune-up on them.(not THAT disimilar in consistency to molasses). I'm CONSTANTLY having to think of the notes WAY ahead of myself to remember how to "adjust". THANK you, THANK you Douggie the T

smo-joe