Re: [Harp-L] Custom harmonicas: Filisko method...Differing Priorities

I think there are many good reasons to get a custom harp, but in the end the
question is: are you happy with your instrument or are you frustrated
because the instrument won't let you play what you want (easely).

The old masters and others (which I greatly respect) who play out of the box
harps have learned to coax all kinds of sounds and music out of their harps.
They may not feel unduly constrained by their instrument since they can say
all they want to say. Changing their setup might deny them some of their
musicality.

On the other hand some people want other things from their harmonicas,
Howard Levy is a good example, he wanted chromaticity so he could play what
he played on the piano and he figured it out.

So the questions are: Are you happy? Could you be happier? Would you play
more?

If you aren't happy you can consider a better harp, it need not be a
Filisko, you can go in smaller increments. Like the squash rackets.

Pierre.