Re: [Harp-L] Custom harmonicas: Filisko method...Differing Priorities

Tone is 99.5% the player and less than 1/2% the instrument.  I used
to play Golden Melodies before the Filiskos.  I don't care which one
I use and I wasn'tabout to demand that Joey make custom GMs for me.

I could post samples of my tone with Golden Melodies and with my
current harps.  I'll bet very few people if any could tell the
difference between harp which I'm playing.

Do the minute differences in personal tone really matter?  Any player
can pick any harp - stock or custom - and the audience would care. If
you're good you're good and people will appreciate whatever you're
doing and not care what you're doing it on.  If you're the worst
player in the world and you played a harp crafted by one of the Hindi
gods, blessed by Buddha, inspected by Allah and people would still
tell you that you suck.

Chris - friend of Mr. Figglesby