[Harp-L] RE: William Clarke/George Smith Chromatic

Get Piazza's Harpburn if you don't have it. There's several on there, and
his diatonic is wicked too. My learning song was Clarke's "Easter Bunny
Boogie", by the way. It's simple and slow enough to get aquainted with
your new love, and set you up for the harder stuff. It's on an Alligator
compilation, not any of his regular releases. Mark Hummel's Golden State
Blues is also prime choice, again for his awesome chromatic but equally
stellar diatonic, and he goes way into 1st and 3rd like I had never heard.
One of my favorite of Rod's is on Live at BB Kings (another awesome
recording), Blue Hour. His latest is also great, with some on it. Plenty
there to dig into...

If you haven't checked it out yet, find the Artist Listing on the
Harmonica Masterclass website. You'll find a listing of songs by most
harpcats, on what disc and what harp in what key. Pretty cool...

Just to throw some more at ya, Bob mentioned 1st position, and I'll tell
ya it's pretty good to learn 1,2, and 3, and also practice the pressed
positions, they all sound good and "bluesy" with the slide, plus you'll
scare people at jams when you get good at it.  :) Check out Bob's site, he
has a free download of a jumpin' chromatic tune as well.

Regards,
kcmojo