Re: [Harp-L] re: Filisko harps

Couldn't resist....

No sense buying a race car if you don't know how to drive it. Or if you don't
have a place to drive it.

or if your wife will shoot you if she finds it in the garage...

It was all about free-reed instruments. Last November I heard a man named Raul Jaurena playing tangos on the bandoneon at the 92nd Street Y in Manhattan. I'd never heard anything like it--I mean the sound of the instrument itself. Not your grandfather's accordion. Got some CDs with him on them. Freaked. Then found online dealers of bandoneons. Freaked again. So I found out harmonicas are free-reeds and started buying harps. I can't play them worth a damn either but it cost me less than $2500 for a USED Alfred Arnold bandoneon. "Sorry, my dear ex-wife, and alimony's gonna be late, I wanted this squeeze-box that I can play after you have me locked up in Monmouth County jail."

Ken
--
Kenneth Wolman
Proposal Development Department