Re: [Harp-L] re: Filisko harps

On Sep 13, 2004, at 10:28 AM, rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I like the stock setup of Lee Oskars.

I like spl 20s

 I don't doubt Filisko harps are set up
better.

I agree

Money's tight.

I (on the other hand) being retired, have more than I could ever spend. Not that I'm rich or anything but I am such a reclusive/hermit that I never spend money. My wife is the "buyer" here.

 Hard to justify spending money on a hobby. Lee Oskars
are close enough. Don't really like Marine Bands anyway.

Tried em all, still like the spl 20 (golden melody close second).

No sense buying a race car if you don't know how to drive it.

Had SCCA license, but never saw the need to race on the "street" (although I did it for a living). Funny thing about cars. I had a Shelby 350 when I was 23. Neighbor had Aston Martin (he was 46). My car cost $4,ooo, his was $40,ooo. Both cars were similar (in the vernacular), i.e. had engine, transmission, seats, wheels, etc.

 Or if you don't
have a place to drive it.

The speed limit on the turnpike was 65 for BOTH of us. I finally wound up with a Tempo. I would suppose that IF a person wanted to speed on the harmonica, and break all the barriers, and go off into uncharted territory, a "Filisko Ferrari" might be the way to go, but I would be satisfied with an Isetta.

The Ford Escort gets me where I want to go.

I'm to the point where I am looking at Mo-Peds.......just to go to the store and shit.... :) smo-joe