Re: [Harp-L] Filisko harps--another perspective...

On Sep 13, 2004, at 9:26 AM, Nicolas Fouquet wrote:

Everybody is talking about FILISKO METHOD, but what is the difference between Filisko Method and other customizers method?

Hey Nick, I think if they told everyone, they might have to shut down.

I mean, Joe, RIchard and Jimmy are not E.T. from Mars!

No, I'm from Mars. Previous address: 228 Crowe Av, (P.O. box 777) Mars, Pa., 16046 (U.S.)

They are humans,

Are you sure? :) Seriously though, THAT was the point of my post. Until someone checks out EVERY custom or quasi-custom from everyone who has ever done one (yes, even Xau Shring in Nepal), it's really reaching to say "This here, or so & so is/are the best". Aaaaany way, what did the old "masters" use?

It's like the old saying 'They can put a man on the moon, so why can't they fix these F&%^&*) cufflinks'?
My questions would be: What phrase did they use BEFORE they put a man on the moon? Same with the Filisko harps. Was everyone lost and wandering in the wasteland before these (fine) harps?

The undercurrent I'm getting (and I may be wrong...it's happened {rarely} before), seems to be that someone is saying that a player who is ALREADY at the top of the heap and playing in the 96.3 percentile has only to use a Filisko and "Whammo" they will be at 100%. OR, maybe a player who is a semi-yutz will "automatically" increase their position in the food chain by playing a Filisko.

I invite all criticism(s) into my query.

As for me. I would LOVE to own a Filisko, but I understand he doesn't sell them to just anyone. This leads to ANOTHER fork in the road and AGAIN the question(s): (a) he is only one guy and according to the law of supply and demand, can't POSSIBLY fill the demand for his fine products. (b) Does a person have to qualify to own one of his harps? In other words, if a player is a "Shemp", (and consequently would bring NO esteem to the instrument), are they allowed to even "sniff" one?

Summation: After the service, I vowed never to stand in lines again. How long does it take to get one? I have often thought of getting a few, but was always dissuaded (by someone?) who said something like "Wow, there's a 7 year waiting list" OR "Lotza Luck". or...or...or

so if they can do that, I think that some other people can,

Yeah, we're not talking Rocket Surgery here.......hey, wait a minute, maybe we ARE talking rocket surgery :)
smokey-joe

and I would be very interested to be one among these folks.

Froggy

--------------------------------- Créez gratuitement votre Yahoo! Mail avec 100 Mo de stockage ! Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !