[Harp-L] William Clarke/George Smith Chromatic

Hello. I just joined Harp-L and have a question for any of those here that
are proficient at the "west coast swing" chromatic harmonica. I have been
playing diatonic for over 20 years and have made myself a nice nitch locally
as a blues harmonica/Celtic harmonica player. I play mainly through a
Victoria 518 and a brown biscuit astatic ( when the venue allows for the
volume). Anyways, I recently bought several chromatic harmonicas and have
found that my normally excellent ear for practice has been challenged quite
a bit by this new instrument. I am really good at diatonic and have quite a
good ear. But, chromatic is quite hard to nail down, especially all those
neat sounding ornamental sounds William Clarke blows out. I am dying to nail
down this sound. Does anyone here have any advice for me, in terms of
tricks, tabs, or anything that will help me get on my way to mastering this
awesome (new for me) sound? Thank you for any response. -Emile