Re: [Harp-L] Custom harmonicas: Filisko method...

On Sep 12, 2004, at 5:44 PM, <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not to start a flame war here.  I understand your sentiments and
I have several harps of other's who tweak and manufacture..... but
none like the Filisko!!

I don't think it's a matter of right and wrong. I simply think that what -I-
play with the instrument currently and how -I- play it does not necessitate
or deserve such a fine model. Would I enjoy playing on a Filisko ? Hell, yes
! Although I might have trouble giving it my best shot in consideration for
its monetary value ;-)

Ben

I have to agree. Golfers who shoot an 81 may "think" they need custom clubs and may be willing to spend the money to cut a couple points from their score. Golfers who already shoot a 72 will almost definitely have custom clubs for the mere sake of the one or two point benefit. But a golfer who shoots a 63 can use a SHILELEIH and it wouldn't matter.
What do 'I' shoot? well, let's put it this way..If I could switch my golf and bowling scores, I would be a happy camper.......smo-joe