Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Insolvency

Hi all,

a little bit more about the situation.

Froggy:
> Where did you get that news???

Chris Bowser:
> Thats news to US, sounds like a Rumor,

well, I certainly wouldn't tell you about it if I wasn't sure if it's
true or if it is a rumor. I have no interests in spreading news to you
that are not based on facts and reliable sources.

Two days ago there was an article in a local newspaper of the Vogtland
region in Saxonia where Klingenthal is located. Michael Timler from
harponline.de informed the german harpchat group about it and Michael
"Sobby" Sobkowiak from the organizers of the Klingenthal festival -
who's second home is at the Seydel factory - has confirmed that the
article told the truth: Seydel has a lot of depts for not paying the
taxes and therefore the board of assessment (revenue-office??? - sorry,
my knowledge of english/american is incomplete) has initiated the
proceedings for insolvency of the Seydel GmbH. It was said that the
production goes on and that the placing of orders is very good, but
nobody knows what will be the results of the insolvency proceedings.

The 4th harmonica live festival in Klingenthal will take place as
planned next weekend - with Seydel as the most important sponsor.

Chris Bowser continues:
>but there is going to be a Very Big Important announcement made soon, can't release the details yet, but very >soon!  Big NEWS.

I hope that the news will be good news. Until now I have no idea what
annoncement this could be.

I am thinking that Seydel and the organizers of the festival wanted to
prevent that anybody gets knowledge of the economical difficulties
before the festival - quite understandable. But now it is known to
public because of the press release.

I am playing Seydel and Weltmeister harmonicas - among others.  I know
that the people in Klingenthal have done a lot within the past few years
for the german harmonica scene and that they are very, very interested
in a good service for customers. And they have also brought to market
some very interesting instruments like the "Favorit" and the "Seydel
Blues" with a wide range of tunings (whereelse can you order directly
from the factory a special tuning like diminished???). I would hate to
see this brand name disappear...

Otto