[Harp-L] Cephas & Wiggins- Wow

    On Friday I saw Cephas & Wiggins, Saturday was Dennis Gruenling & The
Jump Time. I don't think I'll ever come out of the woodshed again. Phil
Wiggins is wonderful, the tone he plays with is amazing. During Phil's show
John Cephas explained a little about traditional music styles as he retuned
his guitar. I believe that's important. They played in a small, fully
restored, 1891 Fredonia Opera House and they made "real magic" happen. It
was truly a great experience. These guys are real American Treasures.
     Dennis Gruenlings band played outside at Fredonia's old town square.
Their style of jump music just kept drawing in more and more people. He
plays some lower register harps and gets a great horn sound that mixed great
with the sax player. This band is a must see, the old timers who were there
loved the swing beat. Every one was into it because this band was so tight,
we could not get enough.
     The thing really is both of these groups played very different music
but each made music. The band's music cast a spell on you. It wasn't about a
("Ego"), they made music! I just wanted to say Thank You for a wonderful
musical experience.

     Harpin in the Rapids
        Timm