[Harp-L] more Butterfield etc.

Hi all

Just thought I'd post the news that I have just received (and played) the recently released remastered 2cd set of The Butterfield Blues Band's, 'The Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw' & 'In My Own Dream'. I cannot under stress the improvement in the sound quality on these recordings. The difference seems even greater than the when the first two albums were re released under one cover. Those resident in the New World might like to consider ordering from a UK seller as it is considerably cheaper here.(In fact I've just noticed it isn't released on the US 'till Oct. 12th).

Also on the packaging there is a mention of another 2cd set called 'Blues Rags and Hollers' and 'More Blues Rags and Hollers'. The artists being "Spider" John Koerner, Dave "Shaker" Ray & Tony "Little Sun" Glover. Can anyone shed any light on these albums? I am aware of Tony Glover and his (recently discussed) instruction book but have none of his recordings.

Best wishes to all

John
 john.gilmour@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 12/09/2004 at 15:41:47