Re: [Harp-L] Custom harmonicas: filisko method...

on 9/11/04 9:28 PM, Chris Michalek at Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> No. Others may try the techniques but I have tried harps from most
> other customizers and NOTHING compares to the harps that the Filisko
> guild create.  They do much more than arching the reeds etc...and
> then increasing the price 20x.

You guys make good points for buying Filikso's but you over state one point.
The price. The average stock Handmade Hohner is between $17 to $20 on the
internet. More if bought locally. That would have someone new to custom
harps thinking they start around $340 per harp.

The overblow harps approach $200 but no where near the price you are
suggesting.

Filikso harps are affordable considering they are the custom harps by which
all others are judged.

mike