RE: [Harp-L] Custom harmonicas: filisko method...

Absolutely. Nothing more needs to be said

>I've
>>tried a Filisko harmonica, and was stunned at the power and the
>>playability. Simply put, a great custom harmonica leaves a lasting
>>impression, similar to a great vintage guitar.

See above.

>>I do believe that other makers produce instruments of this second
>type.
>>This is just as well, as it means that there are more great
>instruments
>>for us.

No. Others may try the techniques but I have tried harps from most
other customizers and NOTHING compares to the harps that the Filisko
guild create.  They do much more than arching the reeds etc...and
then increasing the price 20x.

There is not one customizer I know that will readily put their work
up against Filisko.  Think of this situation like this...There was
Little Walter and then everybody else that continues to copy him.
Nobody is close because like LW, Filisko was the original and we are
lucky that his spirt has spawned others to be like him.  Since others
only have fragments of his energy no partial spirit will be able to
match it's intensity with it's genesis source.

They are worth more than the wait and more than the price.

Chris Michalek
Avenger of the Downtrodden