[Harp-L] Steve Baker (was Tony Glover)

   Dear list,

   I have been following this thread on Tony Glover's book. I am a
little surprised that nobody mentionned Steve Baker's  "Harp Handbook"
which, published in 1995, is a seminal for anyone wanting to master the
instrument. No affiliation, bla, bla...
   Sunnyside

Dear Reeders;
                       Re the discussion on Tony Glover's 1960s book.
Somewhere (unfortunately in storage just now) I have one of those old EZ
method things; a little thin paper of 50 pages or so that give you tabs
(no time; hole number and B/D only) for a whole lot of old tunes like
'Annie Laurie' 'Ben Bolt'' Robin Adair' 'Believe me if All Those
Endearing Young Charms' etc.
                       On the back, it has ads. for other publications
for harmonica, one which includes 'blues effects'.
                       I don't know how old the thing is, but it would
have to be at least 1940s, or older. It was probably published here in
Australia by Alberts (the company for whom the original 'Boomerang'
mouth organs (that's what they were always called over here) were made,
but no doubt was originally published in the US.
                        Also, has anyone seen the publications that
Wayne Raney (&/or Lonnie Glosson?) sold over radio back in the 'forties?
                        According to an interview I read (somewhere!)
with Charlie McCoy  they e sold in truckloads.
                        Where are they now?
                        Wouldn't mind betting there was a bit on
Trains/Fox Chase/Lost John in there. Rick Dempster
Australia