Re: [Harp-L] Purple Haze

I very much appreciated Michael Peloquin's recent post on Chris Michalek's
version of Purple Haze. I liked it because its spirit was generous, and
because it was (for once on the list) specific -- but mostly because it
helped me listen. I'm so eager to hear more of what goes into music -- to
take less of it for granted.  We can write endlessly about our tastes.
Someone who can listen carefully, and argue in a reasoned way about what he
hears, is a gift to the list.