Re: [Harp-L] Chrometta

Chris,
If you're gonna play a Chrometta, ya'll need an elephant's jaw!! The holes are huge, square, and the building make the Chrometta much less comfortable and less aitight than any CX or Chromonica or Super 64!!!
You'de better get a Super 64X.
I first saw Dennis Gruenling using them, since I've tried them and I was hooked on!! They are great!

Or else, get some Herings which are quite good and cheaper.
but I still prefer the Hohner's (personnal taste) as they are heavier and I like to feel something heavy in my hands while playing.

Meanwhile, that's for the 16 hole harmonicas.
If you're looking for good 12 holes, get a Weltmeister Pro 48 which are pretty cheap though they are first class chromatic harmonicas

Froggy

Chris Hammond <dawgawntired@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been spending some time sharpening my chromatic playing. A huge
revelation early on was realizing that guys like Clarke, George Smith,
Piazza, Gruenling, etc... use a large embochure with tongue block for the
big fat octaves and intervals. Here is where I have been having some
problems. After extensive playing I start to get an ache in the jaw. I
play CX-12's and a 280. It is much more noticable on the CX-12, but the
seal is hugely better than the 280. The chrometta harps look like they more
closely resemble the Golden Melody harps I mainly play. Has anyone out
there tried these out and have anything to say about their use in a George
Smith style of play? Anybody have any suggestions regarding the jaw pain
thing?

Thanks
Chris