Re: [Harp-L] Huge achievement! Who's buying me drinks?

I do have coins, but notes! Do you think I can use it for embossing?? ;-D lol

Froggy

Pierre <slavio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Great news, I'll buy you a beer if you show up in Montreal!

Tim is right, but I really wonder if its worth the trouble, you just set up
your harps and this (I believe) will completely undo all your work. Also you
may need to retune as embossing may scratch the reeds (not sure?). My
teacher plays OB/OD style professionally and does not emboss, he sounds
great.

I tried gently embossing one of my old special 20s using a canadian penny
and I did not notice any fillet being created. Guess I did not press hard
enough although I pressed fairly hard. Maybe canadian pennies are soft.
Anyway, I gave up for now. Please let me know if you have better luck.

I am wondering how well set up your harps are by the way, if they are well
set up you should be able to play OB hole and non OB note quickly and with
the same length note for both blow and draw notes. Until you can do this,
your work is not complete.

Pierre.

PS: I hate doing OB setup, hope you're better or more patient than me. I am
now using Turbo AXs Special 20s from Antakamatics, they just need a light
tweeking to get right. No embossing required. Saves a lot of hours. I'm not
hard on my harps so they last a long time.