Fwd: [Harp-L] Huge achievement! Who's buying me drinks?

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:37:36 +0100, Steve Shaw <moorcot@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >To emboss a reed take a penny and lightly drag it over the reed slot.
> >Be careful not to do it too much or the reed will not sound.

Umm....maybe I'm a moron. Why would that be helpful?

Also, what're some heuristics for determining what harp to play for
which song? I'm really having to experiment to fit with the band I'm
in now. We play almost no blues at all, so my hard-won cross-harp
techniques have almost been obsoleted. :-/