RE: [Harp-L] Huge achievement! Who's buying me drinks?

To emboss a reed take a penny and lightly drag it over the reed slot.
Be careful not to do it too much or the reed will not sound.

Hey Chris

In the interests of international relations, I think you should define "penny." Failing that, you should try to persuade Lee Oskar to include a "penny embossing tool" in the repair kit. Come to think of it, that might be a sight more useful than several of the tools already in there! ;-)

Steve (denizen of last outpost in Europe still to have pennies!)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica

Steve's CD of mostly traditional Irish, "Blowing Through The Reeds," is now available! Hear clips at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free MSN Toolbar now! http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/