[Harp-L] Re: Ben and Frank

Hey Frank,

What's with all the aggressiveness ? Did I steal you r harp case or something ?

Frank sez, So are you saying Ben, That you have created a completely new approach & style of music that is "unique" to YOU alone, and unique to the 21 century musical archives. And, IF, you put out a CD of your "original music", that the listener would be thunder struck by its raw newness, and their inability to distinguish not one musical influence. I hope that I did'nt put words in your mouth, but that's a pretty big boast! And I'm curious Ben, What exactly does "yourself" sound like? Can you describe it in words? Is it something that others musicians will DIG!!! Honestly, for all I know, You just might be the next great voice of the harmonica, so I hope that you take these questions in stride...

I don't know where you read that _I_ have created anything, and you are indeed putting words in my mouth in an amazingly creative way. Last I read this discussion wasn't about me, and I didn't make it about me either.

Now, as to the content of the discussion, music, to me is about artistic statement. That's what I call 'having something to say'. That does not imply spitting on your elders, for one, and an artistic and musical statement is not just about how you play harp either. However, I am of the opinion that there are precious few harmonica players who focus on the art and the music. It is my opinion, and you're not forced to share it. Although I'm not entirely sure what your opinion is after that reply you sent.

I won't even bother responding to the rest of your post, it's way too confrontational and I don't feel like starting yet another pointless flame war.

Ben