[Harp-L] Ben and Frank

Ben sez, Frank, I agree with the content of your post. However, it is my belief (and
always has been) that musicianship isn't about playing like such and such,
but about playing like yourself.

Frank sez, So are you saying Ben, That you have created a completely new approach & style of music that is "unique" to YOU alone, and unique to the 21 century musical archives.  And, IF, you put out a CD of your "original music", that the listener would be thunder struck by its raw newness, and their inability to distinguish not one musical influence.  I hope that I did'nt put words in your mouth, but that's a pretty big boast!  And I'm curious Ben, What exactly does "yourself" sound like?  Can you describe it in words?  Is it something that others musicians will DIG!!!  Honestly, for all I know, You just might be the next great voice of the harmonica, so I hope that you take these questions in stride...

Ben sez, So yes, those who think they sound like LW and don't are a sad bunch.

Frank sez, I think that it's much sadder to assoiciate Walters name & genious with harmonica players that don't deserve it!  In other words, instead of saying this guy sucks because he does a cheesy imitaion of walter licks,  it should be just - this guy sucks, period; leave walters name out of it...Again, my point, that I think you agreed with.  If a player can perform any of  Little Walters numerous smash hits, and put their thumb print on them In a genuinely heart felt and charasmatic way, The audience is going to love every minute of it.  And these types of "tributes" will be going on long after you and me are dead, sadly bringing the gift of our unique   harmonica voices to the grave with us.  Who knows you might get a tibute Ben? After all, since you play so much like yourself... .

Ben sez, but those who do, or at least approach it, and play like that deliberately are also, IMO, a sad bunch.

Frank sez, sorry Ben, but this second sad bunch and first sad bunch are one in the same,  think about it, it's the guy who plays it deliberately, that thinks he's coped walters genius and sound  but has'nt!  ( What bunch do you run with Ben? Are you able to "categorize" what "your" music is all about? )

 Ben sez, If LW said it better than you, there's little point in trying to say it again, only not as well...

Frank sez, that's a lame argument ...Every great speech, book, song, etc. has, and always will be repeated throughout the generations, by someone other than the originator for the simple fact, to preserve its perfection!!!

Ben sez, of those who have nothing to say, the most interesting are those who stay quiet, as the saying goes...Let the flames begin...

Frank sez, Really, can you name a few?

Peace, Love, and understanding...