[Harp-L] John Popper/LittleWalter

I agree with the conclusion that the only reason that another harmonica player would bash poppers playing is jealosy, or some other deeper hidden agenda that they mask under the guise that their negative opinion of poppers playing is actualy reliable criticizim.  I have seen blues travaler 3 times, and I would be willing to bet that If one of these harp players who say that poppers playing stinks, showed up at one of blues travelers gigs and got the opportunity to get up on stage, to show popper , his band, and the audience how to "really play" the harmonica, that the only thing that this joker would prove is that he had better do a alot more wood sheddin, and a lot less talkin!!! And if he did'nt get booed of stage after his first solo, I'm sure that he would get laughed off stage after his second!!!

I'd also like to mention my amazement at all these put downs of harmonica players that "sound" like Little Walter.  PLEASE, If these players TRULY played and sounded like Little Water, then I can guarantee you that you would'nt be bashing them...The fact of the matter is is that there is probably only a handful of players that can be put in LITTLE WALTERS LEAGUE, thus, they get the respect that they deserve!  All these other players are "merely" scratching the surface of what Mr. Walters playing was, and is all about! Thus they deserve to be ridiculed...BUT not because they sound like Little Water, BUT, because they DON'T!!! So to say that you don't like a harmonica player because "he sounds" like Little Water is absurd!  IF,  he or she really did capture Walters "THING" in their playing then I'm sure you would be enjoying the music...I can see you havin the nads to diss the next jonny come lately... But lets see you walk up to Rick Estrin and let him know that since he plays like Walter you would like to set him straight on really what harmonica playing is all about...Give me a Break!!!

Frank