From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe and Cass Leone
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 11:36 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] rare popper show

On Sep 2, 2004, at 11:52 PM, BradKava@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I saw John Popper earlier this year at a nightclub in San Francisco,
> Slim's...in a show where he jammed with, among others, bass player rob

> wasserman and
> guitarist bob weir....They were playing a kind of rock that met
> jazz..and the
> best moment was just popper and wasserman doing a song that sounded
> arabic.....It was very, very impressive, Howard Levy level
> improvisation and mastery of
> the instrument....Anyone who would have heard that would never
question
> popper's abilities..
>
> now, if anyone has that show on tape or disc, I'd sure like a copy....
>
> thanks
>
> brad kava
> _
  Hi Brad, it's ONE thing to be able to say "Gee, that kind of music
just isn't my cup of tea". It's another thing entirely to be able to
objectively sit back, listen, and even if it ISN't (particularly) to
your liking, to be able to appreciate the complete mastery of the
instrument. This is where 'I' sit, and can't help feeling that anyone
who can't give the kid credit for what he is doing is just jealous.
Every time I hear this guy coming over a system (restaurant, elevator,
dept. store, whatever), I stop DEAD in my tracks. WHAT a talent.

  smokey-joe