[Harp-L] Harp On! email group. Its for harmonica discussion.

Hi there,
  I want to thank Winslow for referring readers to Harp On! email group.
http://www.harpon.org
  I want to use this opportunity to make it very clear Harp On! email group
is NOT soley a "tech-oriented" harmonica group.  NOR is it soley a
"chromatic only" group.
*** Harp On! email group is a HARMONICA disussion group  ***
It is true there are no discussions about amps, mics, effects, or bashing
Popper or asking what Little Walter would've done - as the group has a more
focused purpose.  The Harp On! vision statement was developed with the
principals of SPAH firmly in mind, indeed we valued one of SPAH President
Tate's encouraging emails enough to display it proudly on our group page.
Harp On! email group was initially started to foster a culture for indepth
discussion of harmonica design, harmonica music, harmonica music theory,
harmonica musicians, harmonica techniques, harmonica education, harmonica
promotion, harmonica repair, harmonica tuning, harmonica tuning theory,
harmonica design, harmonica customisation, etc, etc.  This includes all
forms of harmonicas, and all music styles including Asian, Blues (Delta,
Chicago, Jump, Piedmont...), Bluegrass, Classical (Baroque, Classical,
Middle Ages, Modern, Renaissance, Romantic), Country, Funk, Gospel, Indian,
Irish, Jazz (Acid, Bebop, Cool, Hard-Bop, Lounge, Smooth, Soul, Swing),
Klezmer, Rap, Rock, Rock & Roll, R&B, Soul, Vaudeville, and anything else
that one may perform with harmonica.  Certainly anyone who wishes to discuss
finer detailed points of any of these or related subjects indepth may do so
at Harp On! without the fear of being told to "shutup and play the damn
thing" just because the discussion has gone on for a few days (or weeks) or
debating in the stratosphere.

  You can subscribe and unsubscribe to Harp On! with a simple blank email.
But if you want to access the archives (after July 2002), or change your
membership to digests or noemail, then you'll need to take a minute to join
the hosting site topica.com.  Everything you need to know about the group
can be found here http://www.harpon.org
(Thank you to Big Wally for his donation of this host)

  I support Harp-L, HarpTalk and Slidemeister, and I personally participate
in all of them as much as Harp On!  I include information for all these
groups and many others for your easy reference here
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/linksgrp.html

Cheers,
-- G.

<quote>