Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] non blues diatonic players

Will still lives in Berkeley, California. He gave up on overblowing
as being "unfriendly to the mammal" (meaning, I think, that it placed
too much strain on the muscles of the vocal tract) and instead
designed the enabler-reed principle now used in the XB-40.

He sometimes plays out but I haven't seen him perform is quite a long
time. He recorded with Jerry Garcia a few years back on a children's
album, playing bass and diatonic harps.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lists@xxxx> wrote:
So was Will Scarlet.

In both cases, they were still mostly blues players (at the time,
Mike now
being a foremost chromatic jazz player, and I have no information
about Will
Scarlett...)

Ben