[Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi, Michael Peloquin, Howard Levy on radio

Orlando jazz public radio, 89.9. Disc jockey "Dr. K", a jiving hipster who worked w/Howard Levy briefly in Chicago in the 70's, was reminiscing yesterday afternoon, playing some Howard Jazz Diatonic snippets. He went on to play a cut from the live recording at the Harmonica Summit, when Howard was playing B-3 at the outdoor concert.

I'd forgotten what a rush it was to hear Rob's voice - it's been too long since I played my Hudson River Rats CD -, especially coming from the radio.

The second harmonica solo really caught my ear - great stuff w/OB and linear ideas - it was Michael, sitting in with these guys.

While it's nice to play the CD's from these guys, it's a real tingle to hear jams like this from the radio, especially since these guys were playing from the heart/for fun and not from a commercial standpoint of getting airplay.

The Iceman