Re: [Harp-L] Reflections of SPAH 2004

As the great Buzz Krantz once said...
"SPAH.....Good !"
Yes it was. I've thoroughly enjoyed the 4 SPAH's I've attended and look forward to attending many more. Is there a divide and some feelings of resentment? I'm sure there is. But both "camps" need each other to make SPAH and the conventions as successful as they are. I applaud the efforts of Rob, Doug, Paul, Tom, Larry, and many, many others past and present to bridge what gap there is and continue to improve the SPAH experience for all.

That being said, I gotta say that the SPAH convention is one of life's great pleasures. Nothing's perfect, and of all the gripes I have with life in general, some slight imperfections in the SPAH experience have got to rank near the bottom of the list. Hanging out with, listening to, and playing along with the greatest harmonica players in the world for 4.5 days is an incredible experience - one that I still can't believe I am privledged to participate in. So y'all take the recent SPAH discussions in stride. It's one helluva thing to bring this much joy to such a great group of folks. I doubt if the bassoon players convention elicits the same reaction from their participants (although I could be wrong). Thanks, SPAH...live long and prosper. Hope to see everyone in KC.

Fred S