[Harp-L] Solo tuned diatonics

Hi All,

I purchased a Hering Solo tuned diatonic from
harp Depot at SPAH. I find the quality very good
and it plays nicely. Interesting thing to me about it is
the first 5 holes have windsavers. I've never seen one
of these with windsavers. The price was $20.

I'm looking for a low cost solo tuned diatonic to be used
in instruction. All of the ones mentioned here are 12 hole,
3 octave harmonicas. FTWDK (for those who don't know)
a solo tuned diatonic is like having the "C" side of a
chromatic -- no slide. Should be in the key of C for
teaching purposes.

The Hohner Marine Band Solo Tuned is good - cost about $37.50.

The Huang Cadet Soloist is very good for the price,
less than $10 I believe - but I've talked to Cham-Ber
and he doesn't have any more. They were sometimes
included with his book "Blues and All That Jazz".

The Lark - made in China is very reasonable at a retail
price of about $3.00 -- But most of them need some
tweaking (usually just some reed set) before they can
be turned over to a student.

The other I have (and I'll have to double check to see if
it is solo tuned... and if it plays) came from Family Dollar
Store - the price, you guessed it, $1.00. No Brand name,
just has HARMONICA on it.

Anyone know of any other solo tuned diatonics?

Jack Ely