[Harp-L] re: illustrative story

We have a young lady, Isabelle, from Korea staying with us (she's a senior in
high school same as my daughter). She just played percussion with the Bangor
Symphony Orchestra. This is a good professional orchestra--oldest one in the
country.Isabelle is a good high school level player, made the all state band,
but not a pro. The orchestra spent hours with her, making sure she knew the
music, giving her lessons on holding the triangle (in depth, intense lessons
don't kid yourself). After intense work, Isabelle got to play bass drum on
Battle Hymn of the Republic, marimba on the Washington Post March, and triangle
on the Stars and Stripes Forever.

This is a long way of explaining how beginner musicians should transition into
live music. I wish everyone who plays live could have this kind of experience.
Kudos to the talented hard working musicians who give up their weekends to help
kids learn.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm