[Harp-L] Tools for the woodshed

Pierre wrote:"BTW turns out the splits and partial chords which I thought
would be hard,
are the easy part, the hard part is the little details like intonation and
squeezing vibrato on half notes between (fast) quarter notes, and bending 3
and 4 draw partial chords down one semitone etc."

Pierre,

I hear you, man.  Those are EXACTLY the details that I that challenge me.
I'd go farther to say that when practicing a song, weather it's something
off of a CD or a solo I've made up my self, the big gestures, the basic
lines, octave splits, flutters, shakes etc., come pretty fast but the
details are always tough.  And it's these details that hold the stuff
together.  Like the saying goes - God is in the details.  Peace.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh