[Harp-L] Favorite Harp Labeling Methods

I also use something from the sporting goods department to organize my
harps.

I have a translucent plastic tackle organizer case (about $3) with 8
compartments.  I think it is intended for organizing large lures.  Each
compartment is big enough to hold two harps if I put one harp holes up and
the other harp holes down.  I don't label them, but just keep track by
where they are in the case.  I go from lowest to highest instead of by
5ths, so they go Low F, G, A, Bb, C, D, E, F.  I have SP20's in each of
those keys, plus Suzuki Bluesmasters in G, A, Bb, C, and D, so I just
double up in the case for those keys.  I keep the more rarely played keys
in a separate smaller case.

I keep this case, along with jam CD's, water bottle, flashlight, harp
repair tools, mic, tuner, metronome, and whatever else I need in a Bucket
Boss Gatemouth Jr. canvas tool bag.  It's small, rugged, cool looking,
holds a lot, and only cost about $12 from the local hardware store.

I've held on to all of the original cases the harps came in with the
intention of using the yellow key stickers from them for labeling the
harps, but I've never really found the need to with the organizer box.
--
Best regards,
Mike Holcomb