Re: [Harp-L] harp amp

Good Point,
I wanted to take back what I said earlier about the Deluxe Reverb being the
Holy Grail. I was excited for the moment about the amp. There are many amps
that can qualify as a Holy Grail amp. If it works for you and you are happy
with it then that is your Holy Grail amp.
The same goes for mics.

The '59 Bassman may be great in a band setting like the Mighty Flyers but
would be over kill in a Cephas and Wiggins type setting, IMHO.  Then again
the Skylark would probably tank in a loud band setting unless you had the
right soundman to boost the signal.  If the amp is overkill or underpowered
for the situation, it then becomes a holy pain in the butt.

Also an amp that is highly rated as a Holy Grail by others won't mean a
thing if you don't have your chops and tone together. I let many guys play
through the Invader only to make it sound sickly. The same may hold true if
they play through the Deluxe Reverb. As the saying goes, "trash in, trash
out".

mike

on 10/25/04 3:14 PM, Marion.Spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxx at