----- Original Message -----
From: "Winslow Yerxa" <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>

> I attended Jon Gindick's Jam Camp this past weekend as an instructor, > and had a great time.

Sorry about the late reply, but I've been in, read mode only, due to
computer problems.  Big thanks to Winslow for doing an outstanding job last
weekend.  He really stuck his neck out during his presentation and
orchestrated a large group jam with about 40 people with both sides of the
meeting room trading licks, in time.  To be honest, I was worried when he
started up because we've tried this a couple times on a smaller scale with
dismal results.  Well, his session turned into a 15 minute jam with everyone
in the room going after it, and amazingly, it worked.  Definitely a
highlight of the weekend.

Allen Holmes was there as an instructor for the third time and even though I
went in thinking  I'd heard all his stuff,  as usual,  I came away with some
really good material that will keep me busy for quite a while. Dennis
Gruenling was there for his second time. His style, tone and mastery of the
instrument reminds me of Joe Filisko which is obviously a big compliment.
Like Joe, Dennis TB's everything including the blow bends.

Another highlight was a late jam session on Saturday night.  We had a
plugged in guitar and bass player along with a 1960's Harmony amp, a Tweed
Champ,  and a Sonny modified Bassman (thanks Doc).  Allen, Dennis, Froggy
(yup, that boy can play) and several students sat around and jammed until
around midnight,  passing the mic's around and trading licks.  A few times
Dennis, Allen, and Froggy really went after it playing in multiple
positions, using low harps (Dennis has a low, low F),  high harps , etc..,
at times I felt like I was in the front row of a live concert.    Sitting
around jamming with these guys for several hours was very educational and a
great experience.

As usual we ended the seminar on Sunday with a live jam where everyone got to get up and play, listen to the pros, and jam some more. The band was put together by local harp player, Big Harmonica Bob, and featured Bearnie Pearl http://www.island.net/~blues/bpfat.htm on guitar.

Jons vision of creating a harmonica seminar based on jamming,  playing, and
jamming some more really came to life last weekend thanks in large part to
Winslow, Dennis, Allen, and Froggy. Thanks guys!

We'll be doing it all over again in Atlanta this coming Feb with Larry "The
Iceman" Eisenberg,  Jon and others.

http://tinyurl.com/6w2ll

Thanks Mark Wilson