Fwd: [Harp-L] Cakewalk

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robb Bingham
<robbingham@xxxx> wrote:
Can somebody tell me if Cakewalk ~Home Studio~  is
capable of changing a whole songs key? I know my old
Cakewalk did it but I don't want to install this
[Academic version] ~Home Studio~ if I'm going to have
to buy ~Sonar~ anyway. Anybody been there/done that??

If you're tlking about MIDI tracks, yeah. Just about any program that
edits MIDI can change the key simply by bumping the pitch of all the
notes in the track (or a selected portion thereof) up or down by X
number of semitones. Just don't include the drum part(s) when you do
it.

If you're talking about audio tracks (and it's pretty much one or the
other) then I dunno. Changing the pitch level of audio, even when a
program can do it, often yeilds unpleasant results.

Winslow