Re: [Harp-L] virtuoso (vs crap?)-FINAL WORD

On Oct 22, 2004, at 3:32 PM, Michael Peloquin wrote:

I feel that Chris' comments are being misunderstood.

Not by ME. We have the same (problem?) We cut to the chase, and in the peeling tires, the smoke obscures some peoples vision and they have trouble reading through it.

Chris & I have spoken at length on this subject. It all comes down to a lowered standard for harmonica musicians compared to the rest of the musical world. If you know Chris, he will tend to make incendiary remarks but they are most always coming from a deep respect for the music and our humble instrument.

They're only incendiary to those who are sensitive to these type issues. A true "believer" in the harmonica should be able to take the heat.

Let's raise the musical bar-now get learning & practicing.

By the authority vested in me by Buzz & Filisko:
I hereby declare the virtuoso thread-DEAD!

Who are they? That ONE sounds like that movie "Filisko full of Dollars"

Michael Peloquin
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi? specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025