[Harp-L] Sugar Blue - still alive and well

I had the great pleasure to see Sugar Blue perform last night here in Prague. I enquired on list a week or so back about what he's been up to and why he seems to by flying under the radar these days. Some of the responses I got off list were a bit disheartening and had me wondering/fearing what I'd see come gig night. Added to these concerns was my lone experience seeing him play at a festival in Florida some years back (my post is in the archive, use the key word Budweiser). But as bad as that show in Florida was, last night's was AMAZING! Sugar looked and sounded great -- he was really blasting, doing a few of his originals and interpreting a bunch of Chicago blues standards, plus a funky take on the Stones' "Miss You." It was really gratifying to see him at the top of his game, playing (even on a Monday night) to an enthusiastic, packed house. I spoke to him a bit afterwards, just telling how much I dug the show (not asking why he hasn't recorded in 10+ years). He said he's been living in France for a few months now, so good news for those of us on this side of the Atlantic. Gear info: Special 20s all night long, Hohner/Astatic Blues Blaster mic and some sort of Music Man amp with, I'm guessing, a lone 12" speaker.
MN