[Harp-L] Moving to New Zealand - selling Masco amps and other harp related gear

Offered to Harp L list before it goes on ebay:

I'm selling a Masco MA17. It is one of the Masco heads I own that Skip Simmons set up for me - in fact it's signed inside to me by Skip. It absolutely honks! Put a parametric EQ and a good analog delay in front of these little low-watt Mascos and nothing, I mean nothing, can touch their tone. I have a $2500. Kendrick custom-made tone monster 35 watt tweed harp amp that I'm very happy with but the cranked Mascos sound even better. The MA 17, has a leather handle, needs some paint and a bottom plate - I saw one once that had an old license plate as a bottom! The MA 17 is the head that Sonny ( Onofrio ) Jr. based his Sonny Jr.harp amp circuit design on. I'm keeping my Masco ME -18 ( also worked on by skip ) both the ME18 and the MA17 easily push my 4x10 cabinet. I also have a Newcomb E-10 that Skip set up for harp that I'm selling as well - its a chassis with no cage or bottom, perfect for mounting in a speaker cabinet or chassis free combo. I also have a Masco 1x12 Combo amp ( the one with the two tone fake alligator skin cabinet & musical note on the grill cloth )which was completely gone through by my in-town amp tech ( Gary at Ampworks who does tech for The Calvin Theatre and The Iron Horse in Northampton MA ) which I'm selling too. I'm starting to mist up here...I love my Mascos but am moving for good to New Zealand and have to get rid of some of my gear.

I have a lot of dough ( tubes, recapping, tech set-up charges ) tied up in these little amps. Although I don't , of course, expect to get it all back , they are all technically top-notch in their original designs and I've done everything possible to have them set up properly for harp, and bring them up to almost perfect playing condition without compromising the integrity and tone originally built into them. At 50 years old they are truly amazing and sound better than anything I've heard made today, when it comes to amplifying harp. All have cosmetic issues ( but NO technical ones ) but who wouldn't at their age.

The Masco MA17 is $350., the Newcomb E-10 is $250., the Masco Combo is $375.

PS - I also have a big Rauland 1916( newly recapped ) a big 25 watt Masco( 1 channel is set up for harp, by my in-town guy, for harp and the 2nd channel is stock ) in amazing shape - but to be honest these two amps are better used for guitar. The final PA head I'm selling is an early 60's Precision Electronics 10 watt with a very cool modern look and an orange Jewel light . It works well for harp and has a nice crystal-like sustained tone all its own ( very different from the Mascos, Newcombs, and Raulands ). It is in great cosmetic and technical shape but slightly too hot at louder volumes. The right tech could set it up to roll off some mids and a little of the highs and it would cook at louder settings without feeding back. I'm looking for $65.as I've done nothing to it except buy it for more than that.

I also have misc.effect pedals, a small NOS 333-GS Astatic crystal Mic. a POD 2.0. and a Harmonica Honker ring mic.

Would consider partial trade for a Boss DM3 Analog Delay pedal - in very good original condition.

Roger "Wader" Boyce
wader1@xxxxxxxxxxx