[Harp-L] Virtuosity

Virtuosity may be hard to define but there is one man who is universally acknowledged to be a
virtuoso.  I recommend this web page for a brief biography of Niccolo Paganini.

http://www.brick.net/~jill/music/paganini.html

If I were the doorman at an exclusive "Virtuoso Club" with only 3 members, including Paganini, it
would be easy for me to say who belonged in the club and who didn't.

But if I expand the club to 30 or 300, then it gets much harder to say who gets past the velvet
rope.   I think Stevie Wonder might get into the 300 Club, but probably not the 30 Club.  And even
though I enjoy Stevie's music more than Howard's,  if I judged just on mind-boggling technical
ability, I might let Howard in the club before Stevie.