Re: [Harp-L] What's that trick?

this my short input on this as i'm decorating (mmm...gotta be  done!) i'm a
big SBWII fan been right into his style for near 19 years now and  studied it a
fair bit from records and videos its also my party piece SBWII  ''have you
ever been in love'' a medley type thang!

so this putting the index and middle fingers on the harp i  think its more an
acoustic thing and even at that i believe its more a personal  feeling thing
first off its subtle it gives a slight solid feel in shaping a  note in
conjunction with the positioning of your tongue also a very  slight subtle vibrato
can be achieved but i feel these are slight playing  techniques that have a lot
more to do with feeling in the particular song i  could be way wrong here but
i have felt this for a long time but its all to do  with shaping notes and
achieving colourful tones.

mac