[Harp-L] who is this Jason Ricci dude?

Just kidding ; )

 Jason played at my favorite local joint Wednesday night. Bo White was cool
enough to have Jason in for a mid-week gig at his small, but very hip venue,
White's Bar, in Saginaw, MI.

As others have said, Jason is a very energetic & intense player. He uses
overblows & tricky speed riffs to set his playing apart from most blues harpists.
His tone is huge. Yadda yadda, blah, blah, blah......... The kid ain't bad.
Sean the guitar player kills, too.
  In addition to his great playing, what I dig about what Jason is doing is
that he is taking his art to the people wherever & whenever he can. His tour
schedule is brutal. There are only a few blues players out there who are pushing
the envelope of what harp can do, & I doubt if anyone is exposing more people
to fresh harp ideas than Jason. I hope he inspires players to want to work on
advancing the instrument. It seems that most of  the great blues players out
there are clones of the recognized masters we all love. I think Jason
acknowledges blues tradition while moving it forward. To me, that is how art grows, &
if it isn't growing it will  either stagnate or die. This might have something
to do with the current sad state of the blues scene

Get out to see Jason if you can. The economics of the road dog life these
guys lead at the club level means that every warm body at a gig counts.

Support all good live music when you can.

later, Rosco
maybe august