Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:11:24 -0700
From: tom ball <havaball@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: She's 19 Years Old
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Johan asked:
>On the third disc of the blues collection "Sweet Home Chichago, a History
>of Chicago Blues" from Indigo there is an excellent live version of "She's
>Nineteen Years Old" with Muddy Waters. It got some really powerful harp
>playing, sounds like the harp is about to explode.
>
>Does anyone know when this was recorded and who is playing on it? Perhaps
>the entire concert have been issued on CD?
___________

I don't have that box set, but Muddy recorded 'She's 19 Years Old'
live at least five times:

1. In '63 at Big Bill's Copa Cabana in Chicago (sax --no harp.)
2. In '66 (or some say '67) at Newport Folk Fest (George Smith harp.)
3. In '70 at Theresa's in Chicago (Paul Oscher on harp.)
4. In '71 at Mr. Kelly's in Chicago (Paul Oscher on harp.)
5. In '77 at Harry Hope's in Chicago (Jerry Portnoy on harp.)

cheers,

-Tom Ball
Santa Babs