[Harp-L] Re: Delay pedal and changes in tone

Jon wrote:
"I have a Maxon AD-80 analog delay pedal <snip> The tone is quite noticeably different - even with the pedal disabled. It's a bit louder, and harsher. <snip> Would the problem still occur in an effects loop (neither amp has one), and is there any way around it without an effects loop?"

For what it's worth, Adam Gussow told me he always uses a digital delay for exactly that reason, because (even when it's disabled) it makes his sound a bit louder, and harsher, something he digs. Different strokes, of course.
MN